If you are an easy cake for beginners then this cotton candy cake is the perfect place to start!
Another great thing about this cake for beginners is you can choose whichever colors you want with this technique to create something beautiful!
If you would like to have a go at making your own cotton candy (but don’t want to buy a cotton candy machine) I found this tutorial from Candy Club, Simply Sweet Blog that you should check out! How To Make Cotton Candy
How to make this cake for beginners in 7 easy steps!
1. Start by stacking and filling your cake
If you would like an in-depth cake decorating tutorial here is the link to my blog post Cake Decorating Tutorial For Beginners!
2. Next, pipe icing around the entire cake, using both colors.
Don’t forget to do the top!
3. Using an off-set spatula, spread the frosting evenly on to the cake
4. Make sure the top of the cake is covered evenly with frosting
5. Use a straight-edge to clean up the sides of the cake. As you go, add more icing where it is needed. Make sure to use both colors!
6. Use a large piping bag fitted with a 1M piping tip for the swirls on top
If you would like to learn how to use a piping bag and tip see my tutorial here!
It’s awfully cute! But I think you should put a disclaimer up there about the poof of cotton candy on top. I made a similar style cake last year, and found out that when the cotton candy sits on the buttercream for a while, it will begin to melt. Not nice, and not pretty. If you’re doing this cutey cake, add the cotton candy right before presentation.
Thank you for the feedback! I will definitely add that to the tutorial 🙂
Comments are closed.