I’ve made some pretty cute cupcakes before, but these holiday cupcakes came out adorable 🙂
Hey guys! I hope you are all doing well and enjoying the beginning of this holiday season.
Because I bake all sorts of yummy desserts, it’s no surprise to me that my family asked me to make cupcakes for this thanksgiving. I’m not quite sure where I got the idea to make cupcakes that look like different pies, but I am so happy that these holiday cupcakes came out looking somewhat like the real deal!
If you would like to have a go at making these holiday cupcakes, here are my step by step instructions.
** Here’s a helpful tip for before you start to decorate the cupcakes-
Level the cupcakes so the tops are flat and don’t have a hump 🙂
If you are looking for a buttercream recipe that will wow all of your guests, check out my recipe here (American Buttercream)
Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes
- Using a spatula, spread orange frosting on top of the cupcake
- Using piping tip #104 (petal tip) pipe the outer edge of the cupcake with tan frosting to look like the crust. The wide part of the tip should be facing out. I used a small round tip for the zig-zag detail
- With an open star tip (I used #21) pipe swirls on top with white frosting
Chocolate Pie Cupcakes
These are made basically the same as the pumpkin pie cupcakes
- Using a spatula, spread brown frosting on top of the cupcake
- Using piping tip #104 (petal tip) pipe the outer edge of the cupcake with tan frosting to look like the crust. The wide part of the tip should be facing out. I used a small round tip for the added detail
- With an open star tip (I used #21) pipe a swirl in the center with white frosting
Cherry Pie Cupcakes
- Using a round piping tip (I used a #12) pipe little balls (the cherries) with red frosting on the top of the cupcake
- Next, pipe lines covering the cherries in a grid fashion. I used a smaller round piping tip (#5)
- With the same piping tip you used for the cherries, pipe “beads” as the crust using the tan frosting
Apple Pie Cupcakes
- Basketweave the entire top of the cupcakes using tip #47 using the tan frosting
- For the crust, using the same tan frosting pipe “beads” with a round piping tip (I used a #12)
I just love the way that these holiday cupcakes came out!
If you try to make these holiday pie cupcakes, leave a picture in the comments or tag me if you post a picture to your social media @thepleasantbaker