Hello, everyone! Todays post is a tutorial on how to make these gorgeous sugar sprinkles. It is so easy, you are going to want to make these all the time! I like to sprinkle them on the top of white frosted cupcakes to give a little color pop without loading the icing with food coloring. I also like to have them on hand for if I need an additional decorating option. Check out how I used them on this cake!
1. The first thing you do is put some granulated sugar in a zip lock baggie. It really doesn’t matter how much. It depends on how much you think you will need for whatever it is your making. If your not sure start with 1/4 cup.
2. Add a couple drops of gel food color into the baggie. Use any color that you would like! (I did 2 drops for 1/4 cup sugar)
3. Close the zip lock baggie and use your hands to incorporate the gel as evenly as possible through-out the sugar.
4. Empty the sugar onto a cookie sheet that’s lined with parchment paper. You can also use a plate or tray if you would like.
5. Let the sugar air dry for a couple hours and then transport into a container or use it right away!
That’s it! You just made your very own, custom sugar sprinkles! Now I bet you’re gonna go make a bunch right now, right? When you do, comment and tell me what colors you chose! Also, if you would like some ideas on storing your sprinkles check out this post by Love from the Oven.