A not too sweet version of American Buttercream Icing with step by step instructions that will have people coming back for more!
Servings: 1 6 Inch Cake
- 4 Sticks Butter (softened) 2 cups
- 6 Cups Confectioners' Sugar sifted
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 3 Tbsp Heavy Whipping Cream up to 5 Tbsp depending on desired consistency
Place softened butter in bowl of mixer with paddle attachment
Slowly add in confectioners' sugar (will be very thick consistency)
Add in the vanilla extract, then the salt
Add in the heavy whipping cream (start with 3 tbsp and add more for desired consistency)
After the cream is incorporated, stop and scrap the bowl
Lastly, whip for 4-5 minutes at speed 6-8 on stand mixer or high speed on hand mixer
- Don't skip the salt! this will cut the sweetness of the icing.
- When you scrape the bowl, make sure to get the very bottom!
- Whipping the buttercream for 5 minutes at the very end will make your icing fluffy, silky, white in color, and increase the volume of the batch.